My friend Lisa has an excellently weird tradition of setting a theme for herself at the beginning of each year. To take some recent examples that my friends came up with: “Don’t Stop Till You Get Enough,” “Doppelganger,” and – my favorite – “Pudding.”
But today, I’m going to go the more conventional route of writing out a list of craft resolutions for myself. I would love to hear what yours are.
2009 craft resolutions:
- In my head, I decided that craft is the new center of my scholarly and creative life. I’m going to act like that’s the case on the outside.
- On the other hand, I will not listen to the voice inside my head that says that I will never be able to create good knitting designs.
- By the end of the year, I will have done enough research to decide whether my small craft business idea is viable or not.
- I will not use other people’s babies as an excuse not to make things for myself.
- I will make myself a sweater. That I like.
- I will learn how to dye yarn.