We’re often exhorted to “bind off loosely,” but sometimes that can be hard. Today, I talk about how knitting helped stay calm and loose through some alarming medical news; how I almost completely blew it while having a shawl that I designed test-knit; and how to work Jeny’s Surprisingly Stretchy Bind Off without it ruffling at the edges.
Mentioned in this episode:
- My Summer in Angers Shawl pattern will be released on Monday, April 28, on Ravelry. It will be $1 off for the first two weeks of its release! (Please note: the link won’t work until Monday….)
- Colonel Henley (saddle shoulder sweater for men)—just released by Spud & Chloe
- Jacob Maresbeth Chronicles, by Brandy Schillace—the vampire/not vampire YA novels I’m designing a hat pattern for (shown above on my friend’s adorable son, Thomas)
- Little Skein in the Big Wool—Anne’s shop sells the Over the Moon kit and other impeccably crafted kits, bags, and stitch markers for knitters. The kit includes…
- Cooperative Press—the pathbreaking independent publisher for whom I now work part-time
- Receive the Dark Matter Knits monthly email newsletter: exclusive coupon codes, news about patterns and the podcast, and more!
- Our group on Ravelry—come join us for the new “pass it on” project and other fun discussions about fiber crafts.