Yarn overs: they are both the intentional holes we put in our knitting in order to create lace—and the mistakes we make when we’re new knitters or just not paying attention. This week’s episode focuses on mistakes, and particularly when mistakes matter and when they don’t. It’s a fine, holey line, friends.
This episode’s technique tip: a trick for making better yarn overs, and how to deal with a double yarn over.
Mentioned in this episode:
- Kung Fu Knits—to be published September 15; preorders available soon from Cooperative Press; post your photos by September 11 to be eligible for the pre-launch giveaway
- DFW Fiber Fest and the Arkansas Fiberarts Extravaganza
- Enchanted Shrug by Grace Mcewen
- Pandia’s Jewels Wispy
- Fliegende Untertasse (Flying Saucer) sock yarn from Schoppel Wolle
- Two-at-a-Time Socks by Melissa Morgan-Oakes
- A great post about yarn overs at the Knitting Beyond the Hebrides blog
- Receive the Dark Matter Knits monthly email newsletter: exclusive coupon codes, news about patterns and the podcast, and more!
- Our group on Ravelry—come join us for the Kung Fu Knits pre-launch giveaway and other fun discussions about fiber crafts.