Sometimes your knitting can just get a little … boring. Maybe you’re not a fan of long stretches of stockinette; maybe you’re knitting for someone who only likes to wear neutrals (no texture, please)—I can’t really fix this problem for you completely, but in today’s episode we’ll talk about some ways that you can make dull knitting more fun for yourself.
For the technique segment at the end, I show how to determine the ply structure of a yarn and discuss why you want to pay attention to it.
Mentioned in this episode:
- Mountain Colors Crazyfoot (90% superwash merino, 10% nylon; 425 yds per 100g skein): I’m knitting the Harmony Moss colorway; you can win the Harmony Mallard colorway pictured above—visit the Dark Matter Knits group on Ravelry for details.
- Sock Architecture by Lara Neel of Math4Knitters: I’m knitting the Strie, Toe Up pattern
- Bat’leth (Klingon sword scarf) by Kimberly Gintar (Kimberly also has her own charming video podcast called The Giving Flower)
- Leethal’s game knitting booklet
- The Yarn Harlot’s personal sock club concept
- Kung Fu Knits—to be published September 15; preorders now available from Cooperative Press and Ravelry; post your photos by September 11 to be eligible for the pre-launch giveaway
- Receive the Dark Matter Knits monthly email newsletter: exclusive coupon codes, news about patterns and the podcast, and more!
- Our group on Ravelry—come join us for the Kung Fu Knits pre-launch giveaway and other fun discussions about fiber crafts.