Fall is always crazy-busy when you work in the yarn industry. In this episode, I’m talking about gearing myself up (logistically and psychologically!) for the next week. I’ve got a book signing, a TV taping, and Rhinebeck coming up—all in the next seven days. Wheeee!
Today’s technique segment shows how to wind a center-pull ball when you don’t have a ball winder—and how to make a butterfly-type yarn bobbin.
Mentioned in this episode:
- Knitting Daily TV: I’ll be in season 1400—will let you know when I have an episode number and air date!
- Green Gables Shawl Kit from Little Skein in the Big Wool
- New podcasts to try: Southern Girl Knits, Minerva Turkey, Dancing Geek
- Kung Fu Knits—now out in digital and paperback
- Watch the two-minute video trailer here. It’s a great way to see if a kid you know is interested in the story and the knits.
- Receive the Dark Matter Knits monthly email newsletter: exclusive coupon codes, news about patterns and the podcast, and more!
- Our group on Ravelry—come join us for fun discussions about fiber crafts.
Hosting and prize-shipping fees can add up, so if you enjoy the show, small donations are much appreciated.