Knitting can produce so many cool things, but sometimes I wonder whether we’ve boxed ourselves into a corner taste-wise. I love a good fingering-weight, simple cardigan or a geometric shawl as much as the next girl, but there are so many other possibilities that we’re not exploring! On today’s podcast, I review Bijou Spun Sport Weight, a 100% yak down yarn from Bijou Basin Ranch. It’s luxurious, but at the same time has qualities that beg to be made into something utilitarian … something outdoorsy ….
Today’s technique segment gives a tip on how to use your smartphone to help you choose yarns for a multi-color project.
Mentioned in this episode:
- Aila Grace Shawl by Jennifer Lassonde, aka BostonJen of the Down Cellar Studio podcast
- my interview on the Yarn Thing podcast with Marly Bird
- Kid ‘n Ewe Fiber Festival in Boerne, TX (7–9 Nov 2014)
- Indie Designer Gift-A-Long on Ravelry: 25% off a metric ton of indie patterns from November 13–21 and then a massive KAL/CAL with prizes and games throughout November and December!
- Must Stash Yarns
- Undead Yarn
- Bijou Basin Ranch: Bijou Spun Sport Weight yarn and Allure fiber wash
- Knitter’s Book of Yarn by Clara Parkes
- Receive the Dark Matter Knits monthly email newsletter: exclusive coupon codes, news about patterns and the podcast, and more!
- Our group on Ravelry—come join us for fun discussions about fiber crafts.