My all-time-favorite knitting hero (perhaps yours, too?), Elizabeth Zimmermann, famously exhorted us to “Knit on, with confidence and hope, through all crises.” I felt like I needed a little EZ Jiminy Cricket on my shoulder this week, telling me to design on with confidence. We’ll talk about a designing disaster—hopefully finally averted—and a great new book by Kate Atherley that can help you design on with confidence.
Today’s technique segment explains the two most important measurements to pay attention to when choosing a sweater pattern and which size to make.
Mentioned in this episode:
- What I’m knitting:
- Pattern Writing for Knit Designers by Kate Atherley
- Amy Herzog’s Fit to Flatter program
- My brother-in-law’s handmade watch bands on Etsy
- My Colonel Henley pattern from Spud & Chloe
- Our group on Ravelry—come join us for fun discussions about fiber crafts and to enter for giveaways.
- Receive the Dark Matter Knits monthly email newsletter: exclusive coupon codes, news about patterns and the podcast, and more!