- Part 1: http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/ep-23-stepping-up-the-game_35742
- Part 2 (technique segment): http://youtu.be/lDQIRRnkI0w
Happy new year, everyone! As I commemorate my first year of podcasting—and give away lots of prizes to celebrate—I’m also reflecting on what I’d like to accomplish this year. And while we’re thinking about stretching and growing as knitters, I review Margaret Radcliffe’s essential, excellent new book The Knowledgeable Knitter.
Today’s technique segment shows how to avoid getting stairstep jogs when you are binding off stitches on successive rows, such as on a crewneck or scoop neck, or on an armhole.
Mentioned in this episode:
- What I’m knitting:
- Dream Stripes shawl pattern by Cailliau Berangere, worked in Wooly Wonka Ceridwen Transitional Skein Set
- My two new patterns up on Ravelry: Hunting Gloves and San Juan Bautista Shawl
- Book review: The Knowledgeable Knitter by Margaret Radcliffe
- I’m appearing soon on episode 1408 of Knitting Daily TV! It will be airing in the next couple of months on PBS stations in many areas of the US. Preview the episode and/or download the individual episode for just $3.99.
- Our group on Ravelry—come join us for fun discussions about fiber crafts and to enter for giveaways.
- Receive the Dark Matter Knits monthly email newsletter: exclusive coupon codes, news about patterns and the podcast, and more!