Today I’ll focus on knitting outside the U.S.: we’ll look at some international podcasts that I love plus look through a glorious sampling of 1980s French knitting magazines that were gifted to me recently. I’ll also talk about my recent trip to DFW Fiber Fest, the new book Defarge Does Shakespeare, and other recent events.
The technique segment looks at when and why you should use a ruler to measure gauge instead of a retractable tape measure.
Mentioned in this episode:
- What I’m knitting
- Honey Cowl pattern by Antonia Shankland; I’m knitting it in White Bear Fibers Sport, Mother Earth colorway
- Join our KAL: Bloccare Cap (March 1–April 15, 2015)
- DFW Fiber Fest
- Defarge Does Shakespeare, edited by Heather Ordover (available in digital and print format from Cooperative Press)
- Some of my favorite podcasts from outside the US
- Our group on Ravelry—come join us for fun discussions about fiber crafts and to enter for giveaways.
- Receive the Dark Matter Knits monthly email newsletter: exclusive coupon codes, news about patterns and the podcast, and more!
- If you’d like to make a donation to the podcast (which helps immensely with hosting fees and prize mailing costs), you can do so using the button below: