Sometimes you just need to switch things up. Doing the same thing over and over again—even if it’s the gloriously humble knit stitch—can get tiresome. Today, we’ll talk about changing things up, trying something new.
The technique segment shows how to alternate skeins, whether it’s because you’re striping two colors, or because you’re using a hand-dyed yarn and want to blend the colors.
Mentioned in this episode:
- Aila Grace Shawl by Jennifer Lassonde, aka BostonJen of the Down Cellar Studio podcast
- Kid ‘n Ewe Fiber Festival in Boerne, TX (7–9 Nov 2014)
- Undead Yarn
- Yarn Carnival
- Wooly Wonka Fiber
- Indie Designer Gift-A-Long on Ravelry: 25% off a metric ton of indie patterns from November 13–21 and then a massive KAL/CAL with prizes and games throughout November and December!
- Must Stash Yarns
- October House Fiber Arts: Visit the Dark Matter Knits group on Ravelry to enter for the yarn / stitch markers giveaway.
- Pesto shawl pattern by Allison LoCicero (aka frecklesandpurls on Ravelry)
- Receive the Dark Matter Knits monthly email newsletter: exclusive coupon codes, news about patterns and the podcast, and more!
- Our group on Ravelry—come join us for fun discussions about fiber crafts.