Today I have very exciting news to share with you: on September 15, I’ll be releasing my first-ever knitting book, Kung Fu Knits, published by Cooperative Press.
Read on for more info about the book and how you can win a copy (and other prizes) in my pre-launch giveaway.
The book features six kung-fu-themed patterns for kids’ sizes 4–12 and a comic book story designed to light up your kid’s imagination and make them want ALL THE THINGS. (Honey, I knit for boys. I feel your pain. You have to make them want it, and this book will make them want it.)
The patterns are:
- an entire kung-fu uniform (gi): jacket, pants, and belt (shown in photo above)
- nunchuks (also shown in photo above)
- throwing stars
- a backpack to hold all the things
I’ll share more photos and information about how you can get a copy soon. For now, though, I want to tell you about my Kung Fu Knits pre-launch prize giveaway!
From now (August 7) through September 11, 2014, enter to win prizes by posting your favorite photograph of a child wearing one of your knitted or crocheted creations. Doesn’t have to be your child; can be a baby, or even your own child grown up. I just want to see your favorite photo of a kid wearing something you knitted or crocheted.
Post the photo in any of the following ways:
- In my Ravelry group (must be a member of the group to enter)
- On the Dark Matter Knits Facebook page (must “like” the page to enter)
- On Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest, using the hashtag #kungfuknits
You may post one entry per social media site. (For example, you can post once on Ravelry, Facebook, and Instagram—you just can’t post twice on Ravelry.) I’ll draw for prizes from all the entries on September 12.
Here’s what you can win:
- Grand prize: Signed paperback copy of Kung Fu Knits (which also comes with the digital download in your Ravelry library) and four skeins of Berroco Vintage (the yarn used for the patterns)
- 3 digital/PDF copies of Kung Fu Knits
- a fantastic ninja project bag from Kicks and Giggles
- equally fantastic ninja stitch markers from Bead Passion
Good luck—let’s see those photos!