WATCH NOW: https://youtu.be/YeHx1AoTj4Q
This episode focuses on knitting socks—or, more accurately, swocks (socks that are knit mainly to be swatches, not to be worn; it’s a wonderful term I’m borrowing from Stacie of the Must Stash Podcast). I’ll tell you all about the lovely yarn I’ve been “swocking” with, as well as a new heel recipe. I answer some questions, including how I started knitting and then knitting continental as well as how I’m planning to get my mojo back.
The technique today (thanks to MindfulWilliam on Ravelry) refines the Kitchener stitch join for sock toes so you don’t get those pesky donkey ears on either end of your toe.
Mentioned in this episode:
- Reminder: PAL KAL at the Actually Knitting podcast: listen to her early May episode for details about discounts on podcaster patterns, yarns, and more
- Patterns of Time: This is where I purchased most of the patterns for the GenCon costumes I’m sewing.
- Questions from you:
- SpaceCadet Creations: check out their gorgeous mini-skein clubs
- Forget-Me-Not Heel (FMNH) recipe by Ariana Hipsagh: try out her heel (the code FMNHfree works through Sept. 30), post a photo, and enter to win a gift certificate to her shop! Further details in the Ravelry group.
- Our group on Ravelry—come join us for fun discussions about fiber crafts and to enter for giveaways.
- Receive the Dark Matter Knits monthly email newsletter: exclusive coupon codes, news about patterns and the podcast, and more!
- If you’d like to make a donation to the podcast (which helps immensely with hosting fees and prize mailing costs), you can do so using the button below: